Saturday, April 19, 2008

Be Strong...Have Faith and Fo Bricks.



I had a pastors class this weekend, it was about 2 1/2 hours away from home.  It was a very interesting class, all about becoming a holy people. It was also about defining our faith as a denomination and how we get rid of horrible misconceptions. Very cool. And really, any chance you get to sleep on an air mattress it's a treat. Nope!

The picture at the top is a wall in the youth room at the church where my class was. I just thought it was the most encouraging fake brick wall I had ever seen.As we all know Graffiti and Fo Brick Walls are a youth room essentials. I wonder why that is? Maybe it's because the kids want to feel like they are livin the Thug Life. Never the less, the statement on the wall is very true and it encouraged me.







3 comments:

Candace said...

No Way!! That is hilarious. I think when I was in junior high I wished I could be a thug.

Jason Day said...

No doubt about it. Being a thug is where it's at when you are in middle school.

Candace said...

Okay, so I don't know if the graffiti and fo brick walls are utilized in youth group rooms across the nation, but it would seem that way. Bobby and I were watching the news last night and there was a story about a park in some small town that was vandalized with spray paint. The kicker was that it all said stuff like, "Jesus is Lord!" and had crosses and stuff. !!! As soon as I saw it I thought of your blog and was like, What the?!?! It's comical but not at the same time. Did we really just teach our youth to vandalize in the name of Jesus?