Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Great Big Shoes



After I took this picture, I remembered a song my friend Dan Lance wrote a while back called "Great Big Shoes". I only heard the song once or twice but the title stuck out to me. Dylan had been walking around in my shoes all day that day. He tripped, he fell, he cried but always he got up. As some of us try to walk in the shoes of Jesus and live our lives as he did. We should never forget, that when we fall, to get back up and continue striving to take the next step. Because our father is waiting with open arms, just like I was waiting for Dylan.

My next post I promise to get off the soap box.

2 comments:

rev rock said...

That's the trick dude. Come up with a really catchy name for a song...then it doesn't matter what it sounds like...people remember it forever...genius!

Jason Day said...

I was thinking about writing a song called "Great Big Sensible Heals" but the chords really aren't coming together the way I want. HAHA.